Follicular Cancer removed Total Thyroidectomy in 2021, Elevated TgAb

Posted by prags @prags, Apr 10 2:56pm

Hi All,
I got my thyroid gland removed in 2021 November due to Follicular cancer in right gland and Isthmus. It took me 2+ yrs to feel close to normal and adjust to 137mcg of Levothyroxine. But in my last week's lab results, I have elevated TgAb of 5.67 and TSH 7.631 and low T3. My H1AC is also high even though I control my diet.
I am wondering if my cancer is returning and if the rise in H1AC is caused due to high dose of levo. Anyone has any idea?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Thyroid Cancer Support Group.

I know how anxious changes in blood tests can make us! I also had Huertyle cell follicular carcinoma , but over 30 yrs ago. So much has changed in treating cancer like this. I did have instances where levels would raise etc. Over the years. My endocrinologist monitored the levels closely and we addressed them with other testing or RAI treatments.
What has your endocrinologist indicated about these levels?

Hi @prags, I agree with @lbrockme, levels can go up and down. Trends are important to follow.

The fear of recurrence is unfortunately a constant companion. I notice that you had a scare around this time last year too. It sounds like you are being closely monitored, which is good.

Have you had a chance to meet with your endocrinologist yet to discuss the recent lab results? Are you also dealing with diabetes?

Please sign in or register to post a reply.