Fibromyalgia pain: Let's connect

Posted by clownscrytoo @clownscrytoo, Oct 22, 2016

Is there anyone here that suffers from fibro? I had the 'tender spot test' several years ago and I had 17 out of the 18. I try my hardest to get through the pain with my 4 hydrocodone/acetaminaphine pills a day, Tiger Balm rubbed into areas that are the worst, light exercises, and distracting myself with hobbies or chores, etc; but there are many occasions where none of that helps and I spend most of the day holding down the couch, getting up about 30-45 minutes after that, walking/standing around the house for 15-20 minutes, or sitting for about 15-30 min. I do not drive and my husband works 6 days a week, overtime almost every day, so I'm alone a lot. my wonderful husband is very supportive and I am very grateful for that, but my only other friends are online, out of state, and I will probably never even get to meet them. when extreme pain takes over, my depression takes over and it is so difficult to find hope. does anyone have tips for fibro, whether diet or over-the-counter meds (I've tried them all, I think), or anything, besides hobbies and such? I've tried every over-the-counter med, and the Tiger Balm does cover some of what the pain pill doesn't help, but I'm hoping one of our members might have some knowledge that could help. I'd really appreciate it.
hugz,
Clownscrytoo

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Fibromyalgia Support Group.

@dais

I am going to be with my grandson today. I always make up excuses to not see him because I'm embarrassed by not being able to do much with him. I've been in a Fibro flare for a long time. Sometimes I think winter has a bad effect on me. Does anyone else suffer worse in the winter?

Jump to this post

OREGONGIRL
I AM GLAD YOUR DOC IS LOOKING TO SEE OTHER ISSUES....NOT THAT I WISH ANYTHING MORE ON YOU.
I HAVE OSTEO THROUGHOUT MY CERVICAL AND LUMBAR SPINES. IN ADDITION, I HAVE STENOSIS, BULDGIN DISCS AND OTHER THINGS GOING ON.
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF HAVING THE DISCS THAT ARE GIVING ME THE MOST LIMITING PROBLEMS REP LACED WITH ARTIFICIAL ONES.
I JUST HAD MY 5/6 DISCS REPLACED 1 1/2 WEEKS AGO. I REALLY DON'T KNOW IF IT HAS HELPED AT THIS POINT.
I WAS TOLD IT WOULD TAKE 6-8 WEEKS FOR RECOVERY. SINCE THE INCISION DOES NOT HURT, I FIGURED IT WOULD BE QUICKER.
SEEMS LIKE MY INSIDES DO NOT WANT TO COOPERATE.

SO SORRY, DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE THIS ABOUT ME.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
ronnie

Lioness,yes it can be difficult to bresth. I thot maybe something is wrong in my lungs.

@dais

I am going to be with my grandson today. I always make up excuses to not see him because I'm embarrassed by not being able to do much with him. I've been in a Fibro flare for a long time. Sometimes I think winter has a bad effect on me. Does anyone else suffer worse in the winter?

Jump to this post

Grandma. Don't worry about it being all about you. This is how we educate ourselves so we don't miss anything. The underlying issues can make my RA even more painful.

@dais

Jump to this post

THANK YOU!

@dais

Jump to this post

Sounds like all our spines are in bad shape Mine is full of arthritis but I found that on good days I can do chair exercises which work my back muscles I take a pain pill about 20 minutes before ,this works for me I have osteoarthritis not rheumatoid so I don't know the pain this causes.

@dais

Jump to this post

I have like I said osteoarthritis in cervical area of neck down to my tailbone Nd bone spur in neck which gives me limited motion in neck and if I turn to far it is like a knife going in.Before any kind of surgery get several opinions surgery is not always a cure all .take care

@oregongirl

Lioness, I just texted my primary. I told her I would rather have a disease that has an end. They use chemo on me but the pain nothing. Now I think I have something wrong with my lungs. I keep wondering if they made a mistake on my diagnosis.

Jump to this post

Oregongirl do you have lung cancer?I'm so sorry if are they giving chemo for something else I don't know about?

I pray not when I first received my diagnose I went to support groups and unfortunately they said from what they knew this fibromyalgia the longer you have it the more it affects are entire body in@out.It's not a good prognosis sorry to be so dowm@dark but this fibro cure hasn't really come forth in 30 yrs and they are know closer to a cause or cure sorry I'm so negative but I'm down today wish they would find a cure so we don't t have to suffer like this

@oregongirl

Lioness,yes it can be difficult to bresth. I thot maybe something is wrong in my lungs.

Jump to this post

Do you think it's asthma ?

@oregongirl

Humidity pulls me Dow. Lots if it on Texas. I am so sorry about your loss

Jump to this post

John sent me a website about fermented foods interesting about RA and osteoarthritis in it

Please sign in or register to post a reply.