Advice sought. Daughter told she has spinal cyst/syrinx
My twenty-something daughter was just told the MRI showed spinal syrinx.
Other issues in her health history:
* Anaphylaxis ( identified specific spores and molds as known triggers) ,
* IGg verified allergies to gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, yeast; airborne spores, molds, grasses…; allergic to penicillin,
*allergic to whatever is used in vaccines.
*Loss of hearing in one ear- due to inflammation thinks allergist
*history of fainting- no heart issues on examination
* Gets rashes in sunlight in late spring, summer
* Has lost 2 teeth to spontaneous nerve death
* history of ruptured ovarian cysts
* severe iron deficiency – undergoing series of IV iron infusions
* just learned ( from blood work investigating neurological symptoms which now seem to be due to the spinal cyst) that she has celiac disease not just an allergic reaction to gluten She has not yet met with doctor to discuss this.
* history of acid reflux – eased with diet changes post additional allergy testing
… sensitive to heat, runs hot
Inflammation seems to be a huge issue.
Has health partners via her current insurance
She is seeing a neurologist this week -follow up to phone call letting her know that MRI of spine found syrinx
I would like to see her at Mayo in Rochester.
Advice? Ideas? Questions for her to ask her neurologist and other doctors?
Many thanks from the worried mother!
(edited to correct 2 typos)