Acid Reflux: How do you get relief?
I’m 42 and have been suffering from health issues for over 20 years and have been told that I have fibromyalgia but the following have been progressively getting worse over the past years.
– constant burning in esophagus from acid reflux after eating or drinking anything along with belching and stomach discomfort.
– sharp pain in lower right back side and radiate into abdomen and armpit with bloating, gas and cramps.
– food gets stuck and hard to swallow.
– sore throat with enlarged lymph nodes and neck pain.
– have lost weight.
– fatigue even with enough sleep.
– teeth being greatly impacted by acid erosion causing staining to teeth and gum sensitivity.
– constant sour taste in mouth.
– headaches since a teenager.
– sensitivity to sun.
– nerve and joint pain for about 20 years.
– tailbone pain on and off for 8 years.
I’ve had the following tests and seen the following doctors.
– Gastroenterologist 3 times. Recent endoscopy and colonoscopy findings 3 weeks ago include Grade A Esophagitis was seen in esophagus, normal mucosa in antrum, incisura of stomach, stomach body, pylorus and cardia. Slightly blunted villi noted in duodenal bulb and second part of duodenum. 4 biopsies taken from 2nd portion and 2 from duodenum and results are normal. Colonoscopy normal.
– Neurologist 3 times and had nerve testing done with no findings.
– Allergy testing – no allergies to most common foods about 2 weeks ago.
– Celiac panel over a week ago – negative ( have cut out gluten for months now)
– H-pylori – year ago
– E-coli present about 8 years ago and took prescribed medication
– Hospitalized about a year and half ago for gallstones and elevated kidney
– Urinalysis – normal
– CBC – normal
– Lipid panel – normal
– Hepatic panel – normal
I’ve tried the following.
– diet changes: no acidic or spicy foods, cut out refined sugars, eliminated herbal teas, eating smaller and more frequent meals, elevating head at bedtime, no tight clothing, no bending down after meals, no eating too close to bedtime, no gluten and grains for months. Tried acid, low fodmap, inflammation and microbiome diets. Bone broth, kefir and yogurt.
– digestive enzymes, healthy gut powder, Atrantil, tumeric, multi vitamins, apple cider vinegar good strength probiotics, magnesium.
– lemon balm, nettles, cat’s claw, marshmallow and slippery elm powders and aloe vera.
– omeprazole, famotidine and antacids.
Was suggested that I look at Medical Medium and celery juicing. Not sure what more I can do to get some relief.