← Return to Which specific kind of doctor looks into thrombocytopenia?

Comment receiving replies

Hello @rubles Thrombocytopenia is a condition where you have a lower than normal amount of platelets. They’re crucial in controlling bleeding. If they get too low, you can experience excess bleeding from a cut, injury or internal bleeding. It’s a condition that warrants watching closely. You may not have a problem now but if this continues to get worse, you may start noticing more bruising or bleeding.

Here’s a little information about Thrombocytopenia for you:


It’s very frustrating for you to not be getting all the information you need from your doctor. If you have a blood condition the best doctor to help make a firm diagnosis for you and any treatment you need would be a Hematologist. This is a doctor who specializes in blood diseases.

You also mentioned you’re having thyroid issues and a serious kidney condition. Have you been diagnosed with a thyroid disease? How about your kidneys…what problem are you having?

Jump to this post

Replies to "Hello @rubles Thrombocytopenia is a condition where you have a lower than normal amount of platelets...."

Thank you for your response. I do have thyroid problems but as I stated the doctors do nothing as they can't agree on treatment and torture me with repeated tests. All this started years ago and was too young for all this. Also Insurance issues are serious. I need answer regarding surgical scissors as these scissors are for illiostomy use and don't need prescription etc

Problems with all. What causes all this, old age?