I had a second opinion a couple of years ago with an entirely new cancer clinic because I felt my oncologist was not listening to me when I told him about the side effects of Tamoxifen I was having. Then, after advanced stage osteoporosis, a TIA, and many other problems with Tamoxifen, and finally showing labs of post-menopause, he switched me to Arimidex, but it was a nightmare and a fight. I went to speak with this other oncologist, liked her a lot. She’s a researcher and a front runner for finding vaccines and other cures for breast cancer. Not that my current oncologist and cancer clinic is not a research clinic, it is, and he tells me all the time about all the research being done on breast cancer. However, he doesn’t seem to really actively listen to me. What triggered me into re-thinking again about changing back to this first 2nd opinion again is last month I went back to my oncologist still having side effects from Arimidex, but I never thought I would hear him tell me he was recommending taking me off at my 5 year mark (April 2020) without discussing it with me first, he just said, he’s stopping it in 1 year! Previously, he wanted me on something for 10 years, I had 1 very large IDC tumor and 2 DCIS Satellite tumors. My tumors were all considered highly aggressive and “unfavorable” on the oncotyping scale. I also have a spinal cord injury so my side effects with a nerve pain are intensified. I discussed this with my therapist and she was shocked he is just going to stop it with me, the patient, giving any input. The reason I didn’t move over to my 2nd opinion is the Clinic is about 1-11/2 hour drive from my house. The other one is 15-20 minutes from my house. They both are considered in the Top10 of the Best Cancer Clinics in the US. My mom was meeting me at all my appointments, scans, etc. She never missed an appointment. But, she couldn’t drive freeways and told me if I switched to the oncologist that was an hour way, she could no longer be there for me. So, I stayed. I needed my mom for support. She was a 36 year cancer survivor. She was my hero. She just passed away this past July from aggressive pancreatic cancer so now my hero is no longer needing to drive the distance and I am once again in the position where I am thinking about moving over. I’m getting close to not needing them as much, or so I thought. Until I had a Prolia infusion. Then I started having shooting skull pain so I called the oncologist and he scheduled me for a mri but he does not think it it is the Prolia but more the SCI. But, if it is the cancer recurrence, then I will decide if I want to switch oncologists. I also found out our oncologists rotate specialties. Mine, who I was assigned to as a breast cancer specialist in 2014, is now listed as a neck and throat oncologist (something like that), but he kept some of his breast cancer patients. I felt he was very wrong and insensitive to me when he told me he was taking me off a medication that is supposed to prevent recurrence when he knows I am devastated and going through the grieving process with losing my mother to a horrible and painful cancer death. So, yes, once again, I am seriously thinking about switching oncologists.