Pulse Check: Prescription Preferences

Nov 27, 2018 | Halena Gazelka | @halenamga | Comments (1)

US map of prescription preferences

One of the most pressing health issues of our time, the opioid epidemic is devastating communities - and driving health care professional to examine and evaluate prescribing practices. The fifth Mayo Clinic National Health Checkup focuses on awareness and behaviors related to opioid use in pain management.

Learn more about your alternative options via the Pulse Check.

Despite increased awareness efforts about the opioid crisis, overdose deaths from prescription opioids and illegal drugs such as heroine are a growing problem.

Interested in more newsfeed posts like this? Go to the Adult Pain Medicine blog.

This is one of those things were the 10% has messed it up for the other 90%. It's unfortunate that we cannot think of a way to change that. So many benefited from pain relief with the use of opioids. Say what you will, however, for those in chronic pain they were a like a miracle. Allowing more freedom of movement quality of life and benefit to society. In removing them many who they helped are now suffering.

REPLY
Please sign in or register to post a reply.
  Request Appointment