It’s about 3 weeks since my initial post about the tinnitus and I am off everything right now. Although my last sputum test was positive for Mac, I am asymptomatic and feeling well. I am taking a break from the meds until I get another opinion from a Mac specialist.
Besides the tinnitus, that I can live with, I had been experiencing some palpitations that were also most likely from the azithromycin. I was much more concerned about that, even though my respirologist was strangely not concerned. I am still very frustrated with his response.
I am on a cancellation list with the Mac specialist so hopefully will see him soon and get this all sorted out. I am hoping that he will agree to follow me!
In the meantime, I am being followed by ENT to monitor the tinnitus and any possible hearing loss. I’m seeing a cardiologist in a few weeks about the palpitations (which sounds less worrisome than arrhythmia) and hope this is temporary.
Not sure what the next step in treatment will be but I’m enjoying my medication holiday and waiting patiently for direction on next step.