Hi — I think a lot of your questions can be answered with this info: CareLink Patient Services at 1 (800) 929-4043. They are available to answer your questions from 7 am – 7 pm CT, Monday – Friday – and asking these questions.
1) I don't think it is a problem to change doctors as long as you notify CareLink.
2) If something comes up on my report, my physician contacts me usually via MyChart notification message. Also if you don't have your Patient Assistant with you but have some symptoms, you can just note the time and the symptoms and then send a message or call your doctor with that information. Or even when I do mark with the PA — I still send a note explaining why I marked at that time.
3) Yeah, it would be great to get access to what the doctor has access to. Darn.
4) My parameters were not initially discussed with me too much. But because I started having some specific problems that we were trying to catch — I talked with my doc about adjusting the parameters. They were set at ridiculous parameters initially, in my opinion – at least for me. Nothing recorded unless less than 40 bpm or higher than 150. We changed this to 50 and 120.
5) Regarding the battery — talk to the CareLink folks about that. I'm not sure.
I suppose it depends on the cardio office that you deal with but mine is very responsive. Whenever they get a report that is concerning, they are on it and checking it.
My biggest disappointment is that the Reveal LINQ does not record my palpitations. It wasn't explained well to me before I got it. But it has been a handy little tool inside of me in the past few months when I've had trouble with my adrenaline levels and high heart rates. I hope it proves to be a very helpful tool in your case.