Aromatase Inhibitors: Did you decide to go on them or not?
Nanaloves: I’m about to start arimidex and just feel that the contraindications , bone issues etc. are overwhelming. I’m 70 years old, dodged a bullet I feel with zero stage DCIS but the follow up is pretty much no different then if it was more aggressive. I’ve just done 33 treatments of radiation and now they advise arimidex as a preventative. I’m not sure with the beginnings of arthritis and lower back. sensitivity already that I should take it. Anyone not take it and not have a recurrence within the 5 years.
Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Breast Cancer Support Group.
Please explain how the titanium causes daily arrhythmia.
I am puzzled about that and have not heard it anyplace.
Did you have arrhythmias before the titanium inserts but not daily?
Thanks for your reply. I wish the best for you. Good luck.
Good luck. Thanks for your reply.
I am 76 and was advised to take radiation bec of my extreme allergies . I might not be able to take the pill, and if unable to take the pill I could not take radiation due to elapsed time. I am waiting on the onco test results. I was a 5% on the ki test, and hoping the results will be that or lower. I was a Stage 1a, but a grade 2 with 3 markers. 100% ER and 95%PR with HER2 2+equivcol neg. Size 1.3 cm . I was reading some new findings where they are able to break HER2 down further now. I'm so glad you have a good Dr and I pray I have one. I am trying to decide on 5 days or 3 weeks of radiation. My friends are afraid of me burning. I am fighting mast cell and go angioedema and /or anaphylaxis . Some med's make me get thin skin and bleed, and I'm so unsettled right now. I have also started having daily arrhythmia since they placed the titanium in my breast. Your post gave me hope. Take Care and keep us informed.
I had treatment first of November. No reaction other than a bit of pink skin.
I had a lumpectomy last June. I had a grade one DCIS which was 1.5 cm. with an oncotype of 5. I did not have radiation due to my age , but instead chose to take AI. Last month I had to stop the anastrozole, due to a lot of sudden joint pain and other very unpleasant side effects. My oncologist was fine with my not taking it anymore. He will see me every 4 months and I will have blood tests prior to each appointment.
My GP suggested I talk to a cardiologist as I did not want to go on a statin. Cardiologist recommended the calcium score as a prognostic indicator… had it been high he would have prescribed a statin.
I’m 72 and I have not had cardiac problems but it’s in my family genetics. I have been active my whole adult life.
@beet8881 I might suggest printing out the paperwork and bringing it with you to the doc 🙂 Maybe the BCI is done more these days (it is in the NCCN guidelines I believe) but it might expedite things to do that legwork yourself. They also have patient assistance.
Is this a special test you asked your doctor to do? I appreciate the reply.