← Return to TIRAD 4 and worried

Discussion
andreag (@andreag)

TIRAD 4 and worried

Thyroid Cancer | Last Active: Nov 22, 2023 | Replies (12)

Comment receiving replies
@sweettoothd

Personally, (and everyone is different) I would not wait a year and would get a second opinion at a large hospital where different specialties are under one roof. I would want to know what it is, and what to do about it if necessary. Where are you located?

Jump to this post


Replies to "Personally, (and everyone is different) I would not wait a year and would get a second..."

Thanks for the validation! I don't want to wait a year at all. I'm located in Toronto, Ontario - i'm already being followed by the big cancer centre here (princess margaret) for the breast lesion. I speak to my doctor on Tuesday so i'm going to push for a referral to a specialist who will do a biopsy - i'd rather know, one way or the other, rather than have this hanging over my head for a year. Things can sometimes move slowly here (depending on the situation) - when i had a suspicious breast lesion, i got into Princess Margaret in about two weeks. but it may be a longer wait for something that is thyroid related - i'm obviously ok waiting for a few more months or whatever, i just don't want to wait an entire year.