← Return to Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)

alicein_wonderland (@alicein_wonderland)

Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)

Women's Health | Last Active: Nov 26 9:38pm | Replies (23)

Comment receiving replies

Hi @alicein_wonderland. Welcome to Connect! Sorry to hear what you are going through. I too have PCOS and I do take Metformin. I think it helps a lot, however i’m also on birth control, so it’s hard to tell which is helping (likely some combination of the two). The only negative side effect i’ve had is that it did tend to upset my stomach, but taking it with food and going to the extended release version seemed to help with that. I understand the inclination to not was to add another medication, but if your PCP thinks it’s a good idea, it might be worth a shot. I also see an endocrinologist for my PCOS. Are you seeing an endocrinologist? Has that ever been suggested?

I also found this article on Mayo Clinic that offers some suggested lifestyle remedies: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pcos/basics/lifestyle-home-remedies/con-20028841. Has your doctor recommended any of those?

Tagging @copiela, @infinitykitty, @beckym, @undiagnosed3, @anon34166571 and @autumnleaves in case they can add to the conversation as well. Hope this helps!

Jump to this post

Replies to "Hi @alicein_wonderland. Welcome to Connect! Sorry to hear what you are going through. I too have..."

Hi for the last one week am suffering severe stomach pain vomiting during nights..I took scan in that it mentioned like gall bladder partially distended and cystic lesions with thin septation within seen in right adnexal region measuring 71*53mm left adnexal region measuring 74*46mm and generalised gas filled bowel loops seen in abdomen..can you please tel me is there any severe issues and what Wil be the treatment for this

Hi @rama, I’m sorry to hear how much pain you have. Did you not receive a diagnosis and treatment plan from your doctor and examine the test results together?

@collenyoung,hi thanks for the quick response still I din consult any doctor..I took the full abdomen scan alone and I mentioned above too

Rama, I strongly recommend seeking a consult with a medical professional. Please let us know what you find out.