My neurologist did an eContact with Mayo Neurology. I am waiting to hear from Mayo through my neurologist I am scared. I have had 4 back surgeries. My last was an L5/S1 fusion on June 08, 2019. In April my pain returned worse than before fusion. I did 2 epidural sessions and PT with no success.
I was then referred to the Unversity of Iowa Neurosurgery for a 2nd opinion. My Neurologist as not comfortable making another surgery recommendation.
She said due to the heart issues she wanted me to see the University. They did not see "conventional surgery options." They recommended a nerve stimulation placement in my back. (I have turned that down)
I went to the ER last Tuesday due to pain and was admitted to research meds I could take as an interim pain reliever. ( I do not like pain meds)
So, I am on the meds and waiting to hear from my Neurologist.
I don't know what I will do if Mayo says no.
My hope is that if the Neurologist who is looking at my information at Mayo passes it on to someone if she can't see a path.
I want off Oxy asap. I read 2 weeks is usually the max.
I was 98% fixed after fusion until the 2nd week in April.