← Return to Psychosis or paranoia

lolly906 (@lolly906)

Psychosis or paranoia

Mental Health | Last Active: Jul 2, 2019 | Replies (40)

Comment receiving replies

No way to answer that question, @lolly906, until your son has a diagnosis.
As it could be caused by a neurological problem, dementia problem, thyroid or other endocrinology disorder. He needs to be seen by a team of doctors (preferably at a medical center with a multidisciplinary approach, like Mayo or a university medical center) in order to get the correct diagnosis. Most likely medication and therapy of some kind will be needed.

Jump to this post

Replies to "No way to answer that question, @lolly906, until your son has a diagnosis. As it could..."

@hopeful33250 @lolly906 Teresa is correct about being seen by a team to get a solid diagnosis. Lolly, you mentioned your son has an alcohol problem and moved home? I know that extreme alcohol addiction can play havoc with mental fitness, also is there a chance that he ingested or tried something beyond alcohol, that triggered this? If he is living in your house, and you are concerned for your safety, you need to get your county mental health involved. Also, contact your local law enforcement and voice your concerns for yours and his safety. Many agencies have a CIT (Crisis Intervention Team) to help you. Keep notes of what you are seeing, as they may be needed for evidence. While your son is in a compromised mental state, he is probably resistant to any help, and will deny any problem.
Please keep your safety foremost, and come back to our cyber table to let us know how you are doing.

  Request Appointment