← Return to Ascending Aortic Dilation - Ascending Aortic Aneurysm

Discussion
rory (@rory)

Ascending Aortic Dilation - Ascending Aortic Aneurysm

Aortic Aneurysms | Last Active: Jul 25, 2020 | Replies (239)

Comment receiving replies
@anniejam

If we have 40% chance of rupture, why do they wait until we are at 5cm?

Jump to this post


Replies to "If we have 40% chance of rupture, why do they wait until we are at 5cm?"

I guess it would be considered prophylactic, to operate when it has a 60% chance of stabilizing.. The surgery maybe not worth the risk? IDK.. I had a polyp and they weren’t 100%sure of NO cancer, even though biopsies were negative. so I had 6” of colon removed, also the important ICvalve, so they could dissect the polyp afterward, which turned out to be benign. That was maybe a 50% chance it may turn cancerous. Also a major op. So in a sense, that’s also prophylactic.