← Return to Time to decide what treatment is best

Discussion
ginger38314 avatar

Time to decide what treatment is best

Prostate Cancer | Last Active: Oct 3 11:29am | Replies (34)

Comment receiving replies
Profile picture for ginger38314 @ginger38314

@brianjarvis 2 cores 3+4 10% and 40% component .8cm lesion pet scan was negative and mri didn't show any invasion. The .86 decipher score is what worries me down the road even though now it shows it being contained so ralp seems better in my situation if there was reoccurance.

Jump to this post


Replies to "@brianjarvis 2 cores 3+4 10% and 40% component .8cm lesion pet scan was negative and mri..."

@ginger38314 Yes, the 0.86 Decipher score signals an increased probability of disease progression or metastasis, typically requiring multimodal or intensified therapy regardless of which primary treatment path you choose.

> If you choose external radiation for primary treatment —> they’ll consider treatment intensification, likely using the combined approach (EBRT + ADT). Then if rising PSA levels later occur, you’ll have options —> focal therapy (e.g., cryo), brachytherapy, or SBRT (because they’re all very targetable), or even re-radiation in some cases.

> If you choose prostatectomy for primary treatment —> they’ll also consider treatment intensification if rising PSA levels later occur — likely using the combined approach (EBRT + ADT).

I’m not sure which option is more likely to play out. This is one of those tough decisions…..

@ginger38314
Hi, If it was me I would go with robotic surgery 1st then if needed in the future you still have some form of radiation as backup. The one incision procedure gets good reviews from folks. No need for nasty ADT with the surgery.
Dave 3+4