Welcome to the Mayo Connect community. I am a Volunteer Mentor and am not a medical professional. I can offer my experience and support for what you are experiencing. I also provide references for you to learn more about possible resolution of your issues. I'm sorry to hear that you're having an extended time of pain. I have some questions for you about your experience.
1. When was your gastric bypass surgery and what kind did you have?
2. Have you seen your surgeon about the pain that has lasted 5 years?
3. Are you taking your vitamins daily?
4. Have you had your vitamin and mineral levels checked since your surgery?
5. Do you belong to any other social media groups for people on the Gastric Bypass journey?
Please explain to the detail level you are comfortable sharing, more about your pain and any other effects you are having? I had RnY surgery 4 years ago. I don't have pain with mine, although I've had a couple of other things over the years that have bothered me. I have put on 6 pounds this winter that I'm hoping to get rid of this spring and summer.