Mayo Clinic Quick Facts
Mayo Clinic is the worldwide leader in providing expert, whole-person care to everyone who needs healing. That means combining our comprehensive care with a seamless patient experience to provide exactly the care each patient needs.
- At Mayo Clinic, comprehensive, integrated care means a multidisciplinary team of specialists takes your whole body into account and works together to come up with a solution specifically for your needs.
- Mayo’s care revolves around you, with all the resources and specialists you need under one roof, a detailed itinerary just for you, and taking the time to listen and respond to all your needs.
- Mayo Clinic is ranked #1 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report in the 2019-2020 Best Hospitals Honor Roll. Mayo Clinic is also ranked #1 in more specialties than any other hospital in the nation.
- Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization serving 1.3 million+ patients every year. People come to Mayo Clinic from all 50 states and 140 countries.
- Mayo Clinic invests $500 million+ in research annually. Research at Mayo Clinic involves thousands of medical professionals who are searching for answers to complex medical problems, all toward the goal of bringing new solutions and advanced care to patients throughout the world.
- Mayo Clinic is closer than you think with major campuses in Rochester, Minnesota; Scottsdale and Phoenix, Arizona; and Jacksonville, Florida. Additionally, the Mayo Clinic Health System has more than 70 locations serving communities in Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Mayo Clinic mission & values
Mayo Clinic’s mission is to inspire hope and contribute to health and well-being by providing the best care to every patient through integrated clinical practice, education and research. Our primary value is “The needs of the patient come first.”
Download PDF of Mayo Clinic Quick Facts for Printing