I was actually considering posting similar questions on this forum but wasn't sure it would be the right place. They found microcalcifications in a routine mammogram 3 yrs ago, I was put on a schedule of having a mammogram every 6 mths, there had been no changes, so a year ago I was released to going back to a yearly mammo. I had the mammo beginning of July, they found new microcalcifications with a dense area near them, did an ultrasound the same day, and had an opening that day to do a core needle biopsy so I took it. Didn't want to wait. The local lab had to send the biopsy to Mayo to examine and the dx was ADH. The radiologist recommended a MRI of both breasts, to make sure there were no other areas of concern, before doing a surgical excision to remove the remaining area. He referred me to a surgeon who specializes in breast cancer surgery. I had the surgery 2 wks ago, they biopsied the tissue removed and found they got all of the ADH and no cancer cells were found. I was so thankful. I asked my surgeon about genetic testing, she referred me to a genetecist. I just had the appt with him 8/6 and was told even w/o doing the testing, based upon my personal history and mostly due to the ADH dx, my chance of breast cancer went up from 12%(avg risk for my age-47) to 41%. He explained based upon that % I will require follow ups every 6mths (which the Radiologist had already indicated in his report I should have follow up MRI in 6 mos) but it also opened up other options such as bilateral masectomy or medication to lessen the chance of further changes. I am pre-menopausal and my surgeon recommended against the drugs. I am wondering if anyone else has had ADH, but not cancer, and decided to have a preventative masectomy?