After using it for about a year, i would tell you to not be afraid. Use as directed. IT WORKS IF YOU WORK IT!! A nb al-anon saying. But true with CBD. It can be miraculous!
Member has chosen to not make this information public.
Member not yet following any Groups.
Member not yet following any Pages.
You're right. NEVER go through that again. Cold turkey? it can actually not only make you sick, but kill you. Dead turkey! Be gentle with yourself and your illness. Treat yourself like a best friend. And don't deny your symptoms of pain and anxiety. See my post about medical cannabis, below.
Don't EVER go off 2 psych meds at the same time. And NEVER just decide to go off yourself. Your symptoms sound like rebound symptoms from going off your meds.
Get a good doc, and don't try "self-treatment". You know they say a defendant who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client. Same goes for trying to be your own doc, or making med decisions on your own. DON'T!
Did you titrate off slowly?? Those issues can be decreased and your rebound symptoms will not be as bad if you titrate off for a month. There are other meds now. Do you have a good psychiatrist who deals with mood disorders? Some are"t. Get a 2nd opinion if your insurance allows, or even if not. id a response about Cannabis below…
I started using medical cannabis to relieve my intractable pain, although my primary diagnosis is PTSD.
I've found it worked extremely well for my anxiety. I also have Bipolar 1, and PTSD, for which the cannabis works beautifully! I also had extreme pain from a shoulder needing replacement. Again, it worked wonderfully.
The issues are ;
1. The docs who can "certify" are not really available (as far as i knew a year ago) in Rochester, so you have to go to the Cities, once you search out and find a doc. Look on line.
2. None of this is covered by insurance. Expect to pay $200 plus just for the doc who certifies you. Depending on what you get in terms of the medial cannabis, it can be expensive. None of this is covered by insurance! Just so you know…
3. You MUST have a current diagnosis that fits the parameters of what MN will allow legal treatment for cannabis. Research this.
4. DO NOT BE FOOLED THINKING SMOKING POT IS THE SAME THING! IT"S NOT! Medical cannabis is very specifically formulated. It is tested for actual percentages of cannabis CBN and THC levels. The pharmacist at the dispensary will help you decide what's best, what fits your diagnosis.
5. If you have the need for Pain control, or help with other illnesses or conditions that can be treated by MC, do your due diligence to make it happen. It's worth the trouble and time, and the money.
Best wishes for all who may be treated, and treated well by MC!
The most important aspect of going off any psych med, or any med, really, is ALWAYS to titration down SLOWLY. When one does not slowly, over the course of 1-2 weeks ( depending on your original dosage) titrare or reduce the dosage one experiences all the original symptoms you were treating fully, but one experiences the withdrawal effects of the meds… which sounds like your experience. CBD is a really incredible way to treat anxiety, and many of the PTSD symptoms. It’s a challenge to find a doc in MN to “certify” you for the purchase of this “medical marijuana” treatment. (I prefer to call it cannabis treatment as the term “marijuana” is loaded with culturally negative connotations, and also when one is treated with medical cannabis it truly is no longer the “marijuana” one buys on the street or we used to smoke in days gone by.)
I have found my cannabis treatment a MIRACLE when treating many types of pain I experience, from ortho pain to anxiety and pain from fibromyalgia, and arthritis.
Find a doc who’ll certify you, then begin trying the different types of treatment.
Blessings, and I hope you find relief!