March 4: Strollin’ Colon – Colon Cancer Awareness Event
Do you know the facts about colon cancer-what types of screening tests are available, whether you’re at risk, and how it is treated?
You can learn more by taking a walk through the inflatable Strollin’ Colon on Monday, March 4 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Cancer Education Center located on Gonda Lobby of the Mayo Clinic’s Rochester, MN campus. As part of Colon Cancer Awareness Month, Mayo Clinic Cancer Education Program is teaming up Mayo Clinic experts to provide the latest information about colon cancer prevention, screening, and treatment, as well as exciting research discoveries.
Meet the Experts:
- 10:15 a.m. CST: “Update on Colon Cancer Treatment and Research” by Joleen Hubbard, MD., Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic
- 11:00 a.m. CST: “Maximizing Wellness and Cancer Prevention through Nutrition” by Madelynn Strong, MS, RDN, LD, Clinical Dietitian, Mayo Clinic
- 11:45 a.m. CST: “Maximizing Wellness and Cancer Prevention through Exercise” by Linde Sifuentes, Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center, Mayo Clinic
- 12:30 p.m. CST: “Options for Colon Cancer Screening” by John Kisiel, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic
- 1:30 p.m. CST: “Strengthening Healing: Breathing and Relaxation Exercises” by Tim Yoder, Chaplain Services, Mayo Clinic
In addition, the event will feature further learning opportunities on:
- Colon cancer prevention, screening, and DNA stool testing
- Colon cancer treatment and research
- Colonoscopy Video
- Hot topics in nutrition and cancer
- Mayo Clinic Caring Canines Program, meet our dog, Maggie, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.