Thanks @colleenyoung, there are a couple of doctors with notes that really seemed to be trying to figure out what was up with her pain, vomiting and nausea, etc. However, my problem with the whole scenario is this:
1. It was communicated about the renal infarction, then after admittance, another doctor said it wasn’t so and her kidney was fine.
2. The 2nd aneurysm was mentioned only briefly by one doctor.
3.Acute renal failure was never mentioned.
4. The 4th trip there, there was a mention of her kidney being inflammed and the infarction was found then yet nothing mentioned. We are on the 6th trip here.
5. No mention of the 2 valve regurgitations.
6. No mention of Basilar atelectasis (partial lung collapse)
And more, also that some of these are usually caused by surgery of this type.
Also, when the vascular surgeon was informing her of the surgery he was doing, there was never any mention of any possible complications before the procedure just that she would be able to live a full life afterwards.
Come to think of it, when she was informed of the 2nd aneurysm the doctor (not the vascular surgeon) did say that it was so close to the kidney it would be dangerous to operate and she should follow up with surgeon after released from hospital. Then when she’s released her doctor says to bring her back in 3 months for a check up. It is as if he had no clue about the 2nd one.
So do you see my frustration here? C diff was blamed for this last trip as well stating a colonoscopy showed irritation and swelling in her colon and the c diff test came back positive again. She may be a carrier now, who knows since they found it on the trip prior to this one. They had sent her bloodwork to the Mayo Clinic for labs and she was released before we heard anything from that.
The medical records are quite expensive at 1.00 per page. Is there anyone that can tell me what the most important ones would be so that I may afford records from her previous visits? I only got the doctors notes and the CT scan results for this last trip and it was 30 pages. I’m sure that lab results would be an item on the important list but besides the notes from the doctor and lab I’m not sure what would be most helpful to me.