I'm just hoping the insurance authorization comes back in my favor! I hate waiting. Want to get moving forward! Many thanks for the support!
Member has chosen to not make this information public.
Member not yet following any Pages.
I was in Phoenix. Got worked up for my CT simulation for proton beam radiation therapy, but am waiting for authorization from the insurance. The chemo meds were mailed to my home in NM. Had a post biopsy MRI which shows things as "stable", which is as good as I can hope for. I'll be driving back to Phoenix on Sunday the 15th, with the intention of starting treatment on the intended day of Monday September 16th. Have my Airbnb reserved for six weeks, so I'm anxious about getting this process underway. (Due to the location of the "big ugly", surgery of any kind was not advised).
Update to my diagnosis. It's at least a grade three anaplastic astrocytoma type of glioma. I'll be back at Mayo in Phoenix for my CT simulation and MRI and then once they decide on the radiation plan, I'll start the six weeks of oral chemo and radiation treatments. Waiting on insurance to authorize the proton beam treatment. Also, one of the genetic tests on the biopsy specimen came back as having a good affinity towards the oral chemo, so I'm thinking that's a good sign. I'm tired of waiting, want to get this treatment plan started!
I'm glad to hear of the relatively few side effects! Hopefully I'll be able to get out and about between treatments or at least on the weekends. I'll be 7 hours from home, so working isn't an option. I guess I'll be looking at it as a 6 week introspective retreat! Better get my Netflix renewed on my tablet! Plus time to consider some healthy lifestyle changes! I think I have an extended stay hotel lined up, plus they have a shuttle that can get me to Mayo if I'm not feeling like driving. I'm looking at this as "Eileen's Big Adventure". Lol. Thanks for the info!