Badges (1)

About

Member has chosen to not make this information public.

Pages

Member not yet following any Pages.

Posts (14)

Fri, Mar 1 11:17am · Celiac Artery Aneurysm in Aortic Aneurysms

it's clear you have done your research like most of us here. It's standard not to operate on the smaller aneurysms and many of us are in the wait and monitor mode. I certainly understand the frustration this brings. My doctor told me only to not lift heavy things. Not sure what that really means. I still lift 40lb bags of dog food at the store to bring home. I have had mine for at least 2 years now with no additional growth. Since they seem to have no idea what the root cause of them are I personally think that they are just playing it safe by stating "take it easy". I headed for 60 years old, I'm overweight and I'm kind of OK with all of it. So my advice is do what you think is best for you and your family and your particular situation. There is no right answer only the one that you decide is best for you. Maybe a workout with lighter weights. One more observation. We all get scared when we get the diagnosis and ponder the results of it rupturing. However in this group I have not heard of anyone having that happen. There can be many reasons for that. Modified behaviors or if there was a bad outcome it doesn't get reported back. I appreciate the dr.s giving me worst case scenarios but i think those happen very rarely. Again maybe it's just my outlook and my situation. Hope this helps.

Mon, Jan 28 11:28am · Celiac Artery Aneurysm in Aortic Aneurysms

Maybe self heal is the wrong way to say it. I had a lot of clotting/ mass around mine which eventually disappeared. They couldn't distinguish from the CT scans what was actual aneurysm and what was inflamed/clotted. eventually it cleared and what was left was about the same as the original size. It's hard to tell when they are this size.

Mon, Jan 28 10:40am · Celiac Artery Aneurysm in Aortic Aneurysms

Mine was 1.2 and I thought as you are that I should get it repaired. They basically refused to do it. they said the surgery is too risky for the benefit. It's been 1.5 years since first discovery and it has self healed some. Now just a yearly CT scan for me. Good luck but be prepared that they may not do the surgery.

Mon, Jan 14 8:13am · Celiac Artery Aneurysm in Aortic Aneurysms

It's been 2 years since diagnosed with 1.2 aneurysm. Just received my annual CT scan recheck and all is good. No growth. Luckily no other symptoms for this very rare condition. It's difficult at times not to think about it but I can't do anything about it anyway so just need to wait and watch.

Sep 16, 2018 · Celiac Artery Aneurysm in Aortic Aneurysms

Mine was smaller. Like 2.5 cm. No other symptoms after initial diagnosis. They did mri to check for other aneurisms in whole body. Another ct. Ultrasound. Chest xray. Blood flow analysis. Those are all they ones i can remember.

Sep 15, 2018 · Celiac Artery Aneurysm in Aortic Aneurysms

I went to minnesota one and spent a week. They checked me over good. No other aneurism. Piece of mind was worth it for me.

Jun 26, 2018 · Celiac Artery Aneurysm in Aortic Aneurysms

I'm in the same situation as you. Mine was too small for them to do surgery so 14 mo's later, I in the wait and see mode. That is extremely stressful. Luckily I do not have any symptoms. So I am able to ignore it pretty well. I hope your discomfort goes away.

Sep 29, 2017 · Celiac Artery Aneurysm in Aortic Aneurysms

In my case the pain has not come back since the initial onset and discovery. They gave me some morphine and after that it was gone. I had a small amount of discomfort for about a week and then nothing more. They put me on blood pressure medicine so now they only want me to take acetaminophen instead of aspirin. It never seemed to do anything for me prior to this and I previously used aspirin. It seems to be working OK for headaches and such. My last CT showed significant remodeling. so instead of having 80% of the artery swollen and possible blocked its down to 10-15%. They now say they can put in a stint if needed where prior to this the only option was surgery. Follow up CT in December.