Badges (1)

About

Member has chosen to not make this information public.

Pages

Member not yet following any Pages.

Posts (12)

Sat, Feb 1 8:24pm · (MAC/MAI) MYCOBACTERIUM AVIUM COMPLEX PULMONARY DISEASE/BRONCHIECTASIS in MAC & Bronchiectasis

Not yet. Next visit to her plumonogist will do

Sat, Feb 1 9:49am · (MAC/MAI) MYCOBACTERIUM AVIUM COMPLEX PULMONARY DISEASE/BRONCHIECTASIS in MAC & Bronchiectasis

Hello Sharon
My wife had MAC (cavities) and bronchiectasis. She was on the 3 big medicines for 2 years and was feeling well while taking them. Stopped for 3 months and unfortunately MAC is back and pseudomonas. Her Dr put her back and the 3 antibiotic (MAC) and Tobramycin for pseudomonas (inhaling), she had been taking them for around 2 months and the situation is better now in general. Waiting for infection disease specialist to advise the best way forward. Hope this helps.

Wed, Jan 22 1:50am · Question regarding lung surgery in MAC & Bronchiectasis

Thanks Terri for your reply. My name is Nasser. wife is back again on the 3 Big medicines (MAC) and tobramycin (Pseudomonas) for a month ago. I will ask her doctor to do a a susceptibility test. I will also discuss with him your maintenance doses; Cipro for 10 days bi-monthly, on the 'off' months, on doxycycline for 10 days. Further, on inhaled tobramycin till pseudo is knocked away. I am aware of Mayo clinic and wish treatment/advise are offered through a distance. Thank you again and a big "thank you" from my wife to you.

Tue, Jan 21 4:46am · Question regarding lung surgery in MAC & Bronchiectasis

Thanks Sue. We are living in Dubai. My wife re started the 3 Big antibiotics and Tobramycin under the supervision of her doctors for 3 months and then will see how things are going on. Her symptoms are much better now after a month and I see a good improvement. The question is why not keep her on the same medications for 3 or even 4 years rather than going for surgery as long as no side effects from these medicines through periodically testing kidney, sight, and hearing. I am not a specialist this is at least my wish. God bless you all.

Tue, Jan 7 11:56pm · Question regarding lung surgery in MAC & Bronchiectasis

Thanks Sue, appreciate your reply. We are living in Dubai. My wife is currently being re-treated with the 3 big antibiotic again after a break of 4 months. While she was under the treatment of the same 3 antibiotics and (Amikacin into a vein for three months), she was feeling well during the treatment. Her Pulmo will form a team of infection disease specialist and a surgeon to discuss and decide her case in 2 month time e.g. Mar 2020 – surgery is a possibility. If not, should we keep her on antibiotics? and for how long? what about a maintenance does? Much appreciated – Nass

Tue, Jan 7 8:14pm · Question regarding lung surgery in MAC & Bronchiectasis

My wife had been diagnosed with MAC disease in her lungs. Had been treated with the well known 3 different types of antibiotics for 2 years and was feeling well during the treatment. Stopped taking the 3 antibiotics and 2 months after, the results of the bronchoscopy shows MAC again. Doctors restarted again the 3 big antibiotics with a possibility of surgery. Anyone aware of the best center for such a surgery? God bless you all

Sat, Jan 4 1:56pm · How to stay healthy with Bronchiectasis in MAC & Bronchiectasis

Thanks Colleen.
My wife is Dentist and this might be the reason for the re infection, might be also because of the cavity in the upper lobe. Her plumonogist had just re-started the 3 antibiotics and a puff of cortizon 2 times per day. In the mealtime, he will form a team of an infection disease specialist and a surgeon to study the case after 2 months and then decide the best action to be taken. My concern is where to do the surgery in case we need to? Would appreciate some thoughts if anyone of the member done the surgery. Many thanks again and god bless you all

Sat, Jan 4 4:49am · (MAC/MAI) MYCOBACTERIUM AVIUM COMPLEX PULMONARY DISEASE/BRONCHIECTASIS in MAC & Bronchiectasis

Thanks for sharing. My wife has MAC and had been treated with 3 different times of antibiotics and was well. After 2 years we stopped and unfortunately the bronchocopy shows MAC after 4 months. Doctor put her again on the same 3 antibiotics with a possibility of surgery. Where we could such a surgery please . We are living in Dibai UAE. Thank you and god bless you