Want to have therapy in Mayo clinic for my Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy

Posted by Li @li, Apr 28, 2012

Holle Simon,
Greeting from Beijing, China! I am a patient with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM). And I am advised by Chinese doctors that I should have septal reduction therapy. I know Mayo clinic Departments in Minnesota is one of the best hospitals for HCM in the world. Therefore, I would like to ask what is the estimated fee for the in-hospital process of myectomy and alcohol spetal ablation respectively? As my insurance will not cover the medical cost in US. I own may need to pay it. For saving the cost, can I have some tests done in Beijing, then I can bring the report/image to Mayo? E.g. heart MRI, Coronal Artery Angiography. I noted that there is one contact number 507-284-4024 for estimating the fee. Is there any email address that I can send my question? Thanks a lot in advance!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM) Support Group.

Hi Li. I don't know the details on financial info or any of that stuff, but what I can assure you on is the fact that you are in great hands at the Mayo Clinic, you will have some of the Top Doctors in the United States working with you to help you get well. So you've picked the best place to go for your care. I've been there myself and I was very happy with my care while I was there, everyone was very helpful.

Hi @wandikarnadi Did you get answers to your questions about HCM treatments at the Mayo Clinic?

@colleenyoung

Hi @wandikarnadi Did you get answers to your questions about HCM treatments at the Mayo Clinic?

Jump to this post

Hi Colleen,<br />
Thank you so much for your response.<br />
Unfortunately, until todate I have not received any reply from Mayo Clinic.<br />
Can you do me a favor by follwing up with the person in charge at Mayo ?<br />
<br />
Best Regards,<br />
wandikarnadi

Did you contact someone through the International Patients department? http://www.mayoclinic.org/departments-centers/international/appointments

If yes, which office did you call?

No, I have not made any contact yet, because my big concern is how much the estimated cost of the treatment will be, since I will have to pay it from my own pocket, as I am not US citizen and have no health insurance coverage as well.
I am very sure that Mayo Clinic is very capable of handling my health problems, but I want to be sure first that I can afford to the service.

The international Patients department would be the best place to start. They can help answer your questions about cost of treatment and financing for non-US patients. I encourage you to contact them.

My total itemized bill was $64,660 but I don't see the surgeon's bill.

@lynnkay1956

My total itemized bill was $64,660 but I don't see the surgeon's bill.

Jump to this post

Thank you so much for your info Ms Lynnkay 1956, however can you further describe what health procedures you have had in Mayo for $64,660 ?
Highly appreciate your response.

I had a septal myectomy and an aortic stenosis repaired by Dr Schaff

@lynnkay1956

I had a septal myectomy and an aortic stenosis repaired by Dr Schaff

Jump to this post

Thank you very much Ms Lynnkay1956 for your reply.
When did you have the treatments? Are you feeling better now ?

Please sign in or register to post a reply.