Share this:
attorney

urinary incontinence

Posted by @attorney in Kidney & Bladder, Aug 21, 2012

I am having frequent urination problem. It seems the bladder is not emptying & I have to keep going. UTI is negative. Ultrasound was done & reports are awaited. I am worried, has anyone else experience similar symptoms.

bettyann

Posted by @bettyann, Aug 22, 2012

There are times when a person has to pee what seems like every 15 minutes to a half hour...what's worse is when this happens at night! 🙂 This can go on for hours. It doesn't mean that anything is necessarily wrong, however. A nutrionist told me that one of the causes could be a combition of what you ate with supplements of any kind and it simply produces much more urine than usual.
I don't know if you are limited on salt intake -- but if you have a day in which you have little or almost no salt in certain foods, your body will start releasing 'stored up water' even though it is not edema-related.
If you are female you might have the start of a prolapsed uterus which gets in the way of complete bladder emptying. Anyway, I'm glad you had the ultra sound done. Good luck to you and let us know!

attorney

Posted by @attorney, Aug 23, 2012

My ultrasound was clear. I still have symptoms, though not as aggressive as before. Now I am referred to a urologist. May be he will be able to point about prolapsed uterus if that is the case. If anyone else has suffered similar symptoms, please respond what was your diagnosis & treatment?

bettyann

Posted by @bettyann, Aug 23, 2012

Hi, I just want to say I'm very glad your ultra sound was clear! That's very good news.

Anonymous likes this
attorney

Posted by @attorney, Aug 23, 2012

Thank you.

yodaforever

Posted by @yodaforever, Dec 4, 2012

I have the exact same issue. In 38 and this started for me when I was 36. I have had 2 ultrasounds, both confirmed my bladder is not emptying. I have had one damn painful cystoscopy where bladder and prostate were normal, but the doc found a constriction at the opening of my penis. He said that might be the issue. Flash forward to today, nine months have passed and was given a medial stick to shove up there every night, stick pee profusely durning the day and at least once at night no matter how little I drink, nothing works. Going for a 2nd cystoscopy on feb 5 2013 for an update.

yodaforever likes this

Please login or become a member to post a comment.