Share this:

Sjögren's syndrome

Posted by @ashleyv in Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat, Sep 25, 2012

I am 25 years old and I have Sjögren's syndrome. My doctors don't know much about it. So I only know what I read most of my symptomes they say have nothing to do with it but when I read or see videos of other people with it they have they same ones. What do you do when you doctors don't really care or know much about what is wrong with you?

Tags: Other, sleep problems, Skin Conditions, womens health, eye conditions


Posted by @ronni, Sep 27, 2012

Please go to an Internist/Rhematologist. This specialist will know more about it than any other. Look online and find one in your area. This will make you feel better about what is happening to you and you will start from then learning more about your condition and maybe find some things that will make your life more comfortable. Also many tips online about Sjogrens. Read all you can about it. Best to you.

beafudled likes this

Posted by @jjcleveland, Oct 2, 2012

there is a Sjogren's syndrome foundation--they publish a quarterly newsletter--it may be for health care practitioners or maybe it is for patients also--actually did not seem that helpful, as I recall ( I recently started getting it as an optometrist)--if not helpful to you, maybe it would help your doc's


Posted by @caroleann, Oct 3, 2012

Hi Ashley, I have Sjogren's too. It is good advice to see a rheumatologist. Mine is caused by Arthritis and also some of the medications I have to take. My doctor told me to get Biotene mouthwash and tooth paste as they both have no alcohol in them. It's not serious, just very annoying and bothersome. I sometimes feel as if I have wads of cotton in my mouth. Somehow I've just learned to live with it. you also need to go to the dentist more often as the dryness causes tooth problems. Good luck and take care.


Posted by @jennipip, Oct 9, 2012

My mother had Sjogren's and my doctors now think I have it too. My experience from caring for my Mother (who had fantastic docs!) and from my own physicians is that unfortunately there is not a whole to actually be done for the disease except to treat each (annoying) symptom individually. My Mom's main issue was her dry eyes - mine is my mouth but my eyes are starting to be affected as well. I hope you locate a caring doctor ~ best of luck!

Posted by Anonymous-fad04c11, Dec 18, 2012

I did a little searching and came across this article, which may be of interest to you:

Please login or become a member to post a comment.