Send Mayo Clinic nurses a Thank You! Nurses Week 2023

May 8-14 is Nursing Week 2022 at Mayo Clinic. To celebrate the hard work that Mayo Clinic nurses put in and to show your appreciation for the care received, we want them to hear from you!

Nurses Make a Difference: Anytime, Anywhere – Always

Post a short message of appreciation in the comments below for a nurse or nursing team who cared for you or your family member. Your messages and quotables will be collected and shared with Mayo Clinic nurses during an upcoming forum celebrating them.

What thank you message would you like to send?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

A special thank you to the compassionate, dedicated nursing team at Mayo MN! While I was going through a complex diagnostic process I had the pleasure of interacting with Sarah in Travel medicine. While completing my intake interview she thoroughly analyzed all my records and symptoms and encouraged me to ask questions in a particular area. I did, and it was a breakthrough in my diagnosis and care. Sarah’s personal attention, thorough review, and absolute focus on “putting the patient first” was life changing. Her insights were spot on. I am now on medication and a treatment plan that shows great promise and may preserve the quality of my life due to needed intervention now. You are an Angel on earth Sarah-thank you!!!

Hello from Wisconsin I had a total gastrectomy at the Mayo in Rochester Mn. in Aug of 2022 it was a 9hour surgery and recovery was tough but I really believe the Nurses made such a difference in a positive way without them I really don’t think I would be here thanks so much to ALL of the nurses ❤️❤️

I just want to take a moment to thank all of you nurses I honestly don’t know what we would do without you love you all

I want to send a big thank you to all the wonderful nurses at 5 Central who took care of me during my stay for scoliosis surgery at the Phoenix campus in 2021, especially to Nurse Carolina and Nurse Heidi. You were the hands of the Divine Physician to me, and I'll never forget how you treated me with dignity and a smile at a time when I could barely do anything for myself. You made a hard moment beautiful. God bless you!

@bjk3

I'm not sure there are words that can express my gratitude and admiration for the fine nurses I have encountered in my lifetime. Last year alone I had 3 major surgeries and wondrously loving care at every stage, appointment, home visit, and follow-up. Over my lifetime I am sure I have encountered angels dressed as nurses and I am forever thankful for their compassionate spirit and excellent care. I haven't personally been to Mayo Clinic but your reputation is world-renowned for exceedingly wondrous care. I appreciate so much this opportunity to be part of Mayo Clinic Connect but more than anything I am thankful for the incredibly fine care that nurses everywhere offer, mostly to people they don't even know. Thank you, thank you for giving not only lifesaving care, but of your very selves to us!
Barb in Iowa

Jump to this post

Always excellent nurses at Mayo
I have never had one problem, with a nurse, at Mayo Clinic. And. I have been seeing them in Owatonna, Minnesota for 15 years. All are top notch.Wish I could give them all "daisy awards".Pat

@paktoledo

Always excellent nurses at Mayo
I have never had one problem, with a nurse, at Mayo Clinic. And. I have been seeing them in Owatonna, Minnesota for 15 years. All are top notch.Wish I could give them all "daisy awards".Pat

Jump to this post

@paktoledo, I'm glad you mentioned Daisy awards!

For anyone who wants to know more:
- Nominate a Mayo Clinic Rochester nurse for a DAISY award https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/nominate-a-mayo-clinic-rochester-nurse-for-a-daisy-award/

@colleenyoung

- Nominate a Mayo Clinic Rochester nurse for a DAISY award https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/nominate-a-mayo-clinic-rochester-nurse-for-a-daisy-award/

Jump to this post

Thank you for sharing this link. Pat K.

@colleenyoung

Jump to this post

The nurses were great at Mayo in Rochester. They all seem to be professional ,courteous and took time to answer questions and show you around. Thank you

Nurse Karin A. Vess in Oncology/Hematology with Dr. Vivek Roy's team has been a savior . Have Multiple Myeloma. Been in Jacksonville since September 2022. Karin has been my go to contact ever since admittance to BMT program. She has always returned my texts promptly with all the answers and suggestions I needed. The best way to thank her is to GIVE HER A RAISE! She deserves it. Sincerely Marte Tom

I wish I could afford to come to the Mayo Clinic. My doctors are frustrating me. I have difficulty breathing on exertion and my heart goes fast. My pulmonologist says it’s not my asthma or COPD because it is too mild to cause that. My Cardiologist says it’s not my heart (even though the echo shows I have moderate/severe calcification of the aortic valve but only mild/moderate regurgitation). I have a normal thallium treadmill test. So I am frustrated. They both say it’s the other one.!! I’m at loss as to what to do.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.