RTS 2019 now have acromioclavicular moderate osteoarthritis

Posted by dmk @dmk, Mar 20, 2022

Had a reverse total shoulder 2019 but now have moderate osteoarthritis in the ac for short joint. Surgeon said I could never have any injection there because high risk infection. Says to continue with dry needling, Tylenol arthritis and put me on celebrex to see if that would help. Anyone else out there have this issue. Also said no lifting more than 5-10 lbs ever!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Joint Replacements Support Group.

Hi @dmk, I wanted to introduce you to @amywood20 and see if she had any advice or insight on treatments based on what she has been through. How long have you been on the celebrex?

Almost a month don’t feel like it’s doing anything though

@amandaa

Hi @dmk, I wanted to introduce you to @amywood20 and see if she had any advice or insight on treatments based on what she has been through. How long have you been on the celebrex?

Jump to this post

@dmk I don't have any advice on this really, as my right shoulder issue is a full thickness tear of a rotator cuff. Needs surgery but have been able to manage it for nearly three years without. The left shoulder has issues that have yet to be figured out. Most likely from nerve issues coming from my neck that the ACDF C4-C6 did not fixed. Won't bore you with all that I have been and am currently doing for it. Since I haven't had any shoulder surgeries and when I do it won't be a reverse total shoulder, I don't really have any advice to give. What I can say is good luck and I hope you get the answers and relief that you need!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.