The skin around my eyes suddenly red: What can I do?
The skin around my eyes has become suddenly red. It's been 5 weeks, with 3 flare ups and mild redness in between each.
Redness persists in the corner of my left eye, below the tear duct. It's slightly raised. When it spreads, it is very quick and makes the socket of both eyes very red. The skin is dry, though not flaky nor itchy. It burns when I apply any moisturiser.
Within the first week, the following changes occurred
– started the pill (Femme Tab 30/150) – 2-3 days before I noticed redness
– change of weather; colder, low humidity, windier – within the past few weeks
So far, to no positive effect, I have tried:
– DermAid 1%
– DermAid 1% Soft
– Prednisone steroids (prescribed 3 pills for 3 days)
– Daily Zyrtec
– Huidifier in bedroom
– Aveeno Dermexa moisturiser
– Cetaphil Restoraderm Moisturiser
– Natural moisturiser custom made (skin flared up with bumps all over)
– Change of bedsheets, twice
– Cleaned windows (in case of mold)
– Haven't used a face wash, just water
1 chemist and 2 doctors have diagnosed the redness as ezcema. Is there a chance it's something else, that I've been treating wrongly? Am I doing something wrong? Is there something else I should try? I feel helpless and too embarrassed to go anywhere