Share this:

really need help with yeast infection pills, other options?

Posted by @hismama4 in Healthy Living, Jan 29, 2012

So im 8 wks pregnant and have what i believe to be vaginitis once again (had this about a month ago though it would nt come back). so i have the pills for it (the ones that you take and the taste like metallic or something) but i can not bare to thake them at all, i throw up like crazy and the horrible taste, so i was wondering if there was a different way i would be able to clear this up like a cream or a different non tasting pill.. anyone know?

Tags: womens health, pregnancy, preventive medicine, Skin Conditions, healthy living, infection

PeterE likes this

Posted by @annett5, Feb 23, 2012

I cant tell you my experience with yeast infections... I was getting monthly and the doctor kept giving me diflucan and other things and sent me to a specialist hospital. Nothing was helping. Someone recommended to me a probiotic called Three Lac. It is a lemon flavored powder that disolves in your mouth. It is not an over night cure, but taking it straightened out whatever it was going on and I have not had another yeast infection since.


Posted by @petere, Feb 29, 2012

I've been seeing a lot of ads on TV lately for probiotics as a means of treating yeast infections in women.

Given the fact that I'm not a woman and have never before personally experienced a yeast infection, I might not be the best person to issue advice based on experience. That said, I ran a quick search a few minutes ago to see what I could find on the web that might corroborate the claims I've observed on television. You might want to take a look at this article about probiotics (the good bacteria from yogurt) and how it (probiotics such as acidophilus and others) affects overall health, including but not limited to women's health:

Oh, and for what it's worth, the author is a woman (at least if the photo is accurate), and from what I gather she's also a healthcare professional.

PamEganNP and PeterE like this

Please login or become a member to post a comment.