Learn how to use Mayo Clinic Connect
Request an Appointment
I google and I was able to see post from Mayo connect is that what to expect that anyone can see our discussions ?
Hello @icornelu The simple answer is yes, Connect is a public forum so Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, and other search engines will 'find' the discussions taking place in the forums. For instance I post a lot in Caregiving and when I search 'caregiving and Mayo' the first page of results are all topics from Connect. Personally I think this is a good thing as it opens the topic up to many more folks who might benefit from the discussions taking place.
There is the option to direct message folks in Connect if you want and I believe those will not show up in search engine results.
Strength, courage, and peace!
Hi @icornelu, Welcome to Connect. Here is more information about
– Mayo Clinic Connect: Your Safety and Privacy https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/about-connect/newsfeed-post/mayo-clinic-connect-your-safety-and-privacy/
Scott is right. Connect is an open forum so that the community can help many people. The Community Guidelines (https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/about-connect/tab/community-guidelines/) recommend:
7. Protect yourself and others.
– Keep in mind that Connect is a public forum.
– You are not required to use your full name or real name when posting.
– Feel free to introduce and talk about yourself. But for your safety and privacy, do not post personal information such as phone numbers, addresses, social security numbers or any other private information.
– Do not post personal information of other people.
– Keep your password confidential. Don’t share it with anyone.
Learn more about why and how Connect is moderated here: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/about-connect/tab/moderators/
Icornelu, I appreciate your cautions about privacy and online sharing. Posting this on Connect helps raise awareness about how to use social networks safely. Does the above information address your concerns?
Create an account to connect with other patients and caregivers like you.Ask questions, get answers, and give and get support.Also follow blogs from Mayo Clinic experts.
Already have an account? Sign In