Share this:

partial loss of smell yesterday

Posted by @alh in Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat, Aug 21, 2011

Hi, new here, and looking for a little direction. I have always had a very good sense of smell, too good my wife says. Yesterday I decided to clean the mold/fungus off of some oak logs (I had saved them from a tree I had cut down on my property 3-4 years ago) with a power washer before I split them, as burning fungus covered logs isn't nice smell at a campfire. I did this for about 30-45 mins, was wearing eye protection but not a mask, and when I came inside I noticed that I was smelling sort of like a electrical burning smell, but not exactly.

I noticed that my sense of smell was off a bit, but took a shower and didn't think much of it. I woke up early this morning, and noticed it still wasn't right, and couldn't get back to sleep worrying about it, so I got up and started looking online for some answers. Haven't found much specific helpful to my situation. It was late when I finished up last nite, so I hadn't cleaned up the mess in the driveway, I was wondering if it might make sense to bag up some of the mold/bark leftovers in case a doc might want to analyze them to see what I might have inhaled/ingested? Thoughts?

Thanks, this is quite disconcerting, and I truely hope it is temporary.

PAPA RAY likes this

Please login or become a member to post a comment.