This month's #AskTheMayoMom on Facebook Live is all about scoliosis and pediatric orthopedics. Angela Mattke, M.D., pediatrician in the Mayo Clinic Children's Center, and Noelle Larson, M.D., pediatric orthopedic surgeon, answers these questions and others you asked during this live, interactive broadcast.
- What is scoliosis? How do you treat it? How do you determine if surgery is needed?
- What is developmental dysplasia of the hips (DDH)?
- How do you decide if your child needs surgery to repair the broken bone?
- What kind of an evaluation and treatment is needed for bowed legs?
- What kind of surgeries are available for children with cerebral palsy?
Mayo Clinic Children's Center includes providers from over 40 medical and surgical specialties, all focused on children's health care needs. Each year, our teams provide expert care to children and teens, from common problems to the most complex situations.