June's #AskTheMayoMom on Facebook Live is all about pediatrics otolaryngology (ENT). Angela Mattke, M.D., pediatrician in the Mayo Clinic Children's Center, and Karthik Balakrishnan, M.D., M. P. H., pediatrician, answer these questions and others you asked during this live, interactive broadcast.
- Ear infections in children: When to treat, when to consider surgery, and why they occur?
- Airway abnormalities and reconstructive surgery: What are they, how do they present, and how we treat them?
- 3D printing airway abnormalities: Mayo is leading the way on using 3D printed models to help plan for complex surgeries. Dr. Balakrishnan will discuss how it can be helpful.
- Aerodigestive problems: What does this mean and how do you treat them?
- Sinus infections and surgery: When to consider being seeing for a sinus infection, major causes, and when to consider surgery?
- Neck masses or thyroid surgery in children: What are common neck masses in children as opposed to adults?
- Sleep apnea: How to treat, how does it present, when to consider surgery and are sleep studies helpful?
Mayo Clinic Children's Center includes providers from over 40 medical and surgical specialties, all focused on children's health care needs. Each year, our teams provide expert care to children and teens, from common problems to the most complex situations.