Not Treating MAC
So I had my visit to the Mayo clinic last week with tests that included chest Xray and Pulmonary function test along with TRYING to get a sputum sample, that never works for me. At this time everything is stable and they have decided to not treat. My function tests have not changed much and the xray showed no major changes. This is good news but I still get nervous knowing that I have these nodules in my lungs and that I am a former smoker. I still have not got clarification on whether I have Bronchiectasis. I sent an email out today to get some more clarification. I did not get a chance to see Dr Aksamit – he is so hard to get into now – becoming popular, which disappointed me since I have seen him in the past. Hopefully his assistant that I saw will at least confer with him. My trust level with Dr Aksamit is so much higher, he truly takes the time to discuss everything and give you the answers, and compassionate to boot. Are any others on this site not being treated and how did they decide it?