New MAC Diagnosis
I was just diagnosed with MAC. I have been blessed with good healthy and at the end of May 2022 I developed a chronic cough with laryngitis. After seeing several doctors, had a bronchoscopy in November and all test came back negative. I started seeing an infectious disease doctor in February. After taking Mucinex twice a day for 12 days I was feeling great, no more cough or coughing up sputum. Then my doctor tells me I have MAC. I had only one positive sputum test and the doctor wants me to start on the big three… antibiotics. After reading the side effects of these drugs and I am very concerned about taking them. Since I have been feeling so good, I'm undecided if I want to start on this treatment. After reading several discussions from this Group I would welcome feedback on your thoughts to go on the treatment plan or wait and see if I continue to feel good without taking the antibiotics. Any feedback is appreciated.