New Diagnosis - ascending aorta aneurysm

Posted by laverne @laverne, Dec 4, 2016

“Incidentental finding ” of a 4.2 CM ascending aorta aneurysm on a CT. I am 66 . My Doctor plans f/u CT in March, started me on a 3rd blood pressure pill and cholesterol med to gain better control, told to continue treadmill and free weights at the gym I joined before the diagnosis and said life as usual. Why am I still panicky?? Can this be right?

@latrisha

I’m in a panic mode right now. I had an edco done two months ago every thing was fine with my heart. But i seen it said enlarged ascending aorta at 3.7?So i ask for a CTA of the chest it came back normal every was fine and my
ascending was 3.3 negative no aneurysm was found. I was wondering which one to
believe is the ct more accurate. Just try she has some one went threw the same thing

Jump to this post

I have spoken with a cardiologist he was like that was normal don’t let it go over 3.5. That when it be enlarged. I was just wondering about the echo was at 3.7 and the ct is at 3.3. Just wanted to know which one is more accurate. I will be seeing a cardiologist in a couple of weeks. Thanks

@latrisha

I have spoken with a cardiologist he was like that was normal don’t let it go over 3.5. That when it be enlarged. I was just wondering about the echo was at 3.7 and the ct is at 3.3. Just wanted to know which one is more accurate. I will be seeing a cardiologist in a couple of weeks. Thanks

Jump to this post

It is my understanding that the CT scan is the most accurate one

I’m in a panic mode right now. I had an edco done two months ago every thing was fine with my heart. But i seen it said enlarged ascending aorta at 3.7?So i ask for a CTA of the chest it came back normal every was fine and my
ascending was 3.3 negative no aneurysm was found. I was wondering which one to
believe is the ct more accurate. Just try she has some one went threw the same thing

Please login or register to post a reply.