Share this:

Posted by @paddy17 in Cancer, Mar 16, 2012

I am seeking any information (successes/disappointments) on chemo induced neuropathy. It has been two years now and I still have neuropathy on the soles of my feet. (I had 12 sessions of FolFox over a six month period for colon cancer.) My feet feel like they are moving within a glove. No pain but just weird sensation. Anyone share this experience?

Tags: Cancer

Posted by @tngal, Jun 9, 2012

I have the same sensation from RCHOP chemo and also have to be careful to get my left foot up when i walk or step up. This is commonly called drop foot. I figure it is not a magor problem considering. I can't turn quickly without losing my balance. From what I have read it won't improve much if any,

Posted by @paddy17, Jun 9, 2012

Thanks TNgal. I wonder if any research is being done on neuropathy as it affects cancer and diabetic patients. A big problem!

Posted by @pedie, Aug 31, 2013

I've had neuropathy for over 15 years, but radiation and chemo intensified the numbness and pain. Had been able to play tennis, but since radiation for endometrial cancer in May, my balance is poor and my energy level is much lower. Am still able to walk my dog, but am looking for something to help regain my balance.

Posted by @paddy17, Sep 1, 2013

Thanks for your response Pedie. Energy levels and balance do retun to normal with time. But not that darn neuropathy. Did your neuropathy come with diabetes or some other cause? Paddy

Please login or become a member to post a comment.