Learn how to use Mayo Clinic Connect
Request an Appointment
Was doing some research on Symptoms of Lyme Disease the other night and ran into similar symptoms of Mold Toxcity. Does anyone know anything about it?
Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Autoimmune Diseases group.
Hi @sundance6, About the only thing I know about mold toxicity is that is bad for your health. I found some information that may be helpful.
Mayo Clinic – Mold allergy – Symptoms & causes
Mold 101: Effects on Human Health
Do you think you might be affected by mold toxicity?
John, Thanks, Seems Like I'm back to square One in my hunt to a cause as to what is wrong with me and many others! I thought it may be an avenue to persue but it dosen't look that way. Will continue the hunt! Have a Merry!
Jump to this post
Pursue answers only through a reputable medical facility! The internet is rife with misinformation that, on the surface, look legitimate but actually can cause harm to your body. many practitioners whose theories are espoused on The internet are actually using unproven experimental treatments on human subjects. The relentless search for medical answers can lead to somatic symptom disorder. I urge caution!
What about FLUROQUINLENE D
DRUGS SUCH AS CIPROFLOXIN?? Health effects
You have no idea how long I’ve researched. I finally found something just today. That’s how I found this page.
I’m so toxic but doctors think I’m crazy. My test by them come back negative.
Everyone believes I’m crazy. I agree people would think I’m crazy. So now I don’t tell anyone nothing. I just live life like this. I have no means to pay for mold testing and it’s a 1966 trailer. Don’t look bad. But it’s killing me.
Hello @lillybet, Welcome to Connect. Are you able to see any mold in your trailer? You might not need to have it tested for mold if you can do some of the cleaning yourself. Here's some information I found that may be helpful.
Black Mold in Mobile Homes Due to Water Damage — https://www.hunker.com/13421137/black-mold-in-mobile-homes-due-to-water-damage
@lillybet I'd like to add my welcome to John,s I had black mold in my basement before I sold my 🏠 I poured clorax around the outside foundation for one thing then cleaned inside with Clorax wear a mask for the fumes It can make you deathly sick so hope you or someone can do this
You need to be proactive about this Wishing you well
I have toxic mold poisoning for 2-3 yrs . Inside one of our outside walls was full of toxic mold and we were unaware of it . We had 3 of the most toxic molds there is and the mold experts tested air quality outside it was 300ppm and inside 18,000 it was airborne and very bad . We moved in 3 days . Since I have lived through this hell and I have learned A lot about this . Bleach alone will not eliminate toxic black mold. Yes it will turn white and appear to go away but the bleach will not eliminate the spores. The spores will attach to all of your belongings . We had to throw away 95% of our belongings. If you don’t do this when you move you will take the mold with you . I had been to about 15 Drs when I was sick for the first 18 months and we had not discovered the mold yet, and they could not figure my case out . I had done so many tests and lab work and procedures done it was crazy. Then after we found the mold I have 3 more doctors and they are trying to help me . People will think you are crazy when you have this . There really is no cure but there are some actions you can take to help you contact me anytime by Text or email and I will be glad to share my experience .i want nothing out of it I just hope to help anyone I can because this is a horrible experience .
I unknowingly was exposed to toxic mold for almost 2 yrs and then dealing with this for about another 12 months . I have spent many hours researching and watching videos about this and I have lived it . It is horrible . Contact me anytime and I will be glad to help with info I have . Just trying to help .
You seem to have gather up quite a bit of information on toxic molds @glenb . Thank you for coming to MayoClinicConnect! We try to share information and support about our various health journeys. Can you tell me what symptoms you experienced and how the doctors finally diagnosed you?
When cleaning mold, the spores are released into the area. You need to have containment.
I was exposed for about 2 yrs before we found that inside our entire west exterior wall was covered in toxic black mold with 3 of the most toxic molds . Symptoms: began with my head feeling on fire some of the time which progressed to most all the time very red face and feeling very hot and head on fire . Skin rashes on arms, face, neck , chest, and these still come and go. Sores on face and arms, systic acne and cysts on back, arms , and random other parts of my body, hypertension , eyes burn and itch, trouble swallowing and developed choking problem. I now have beginning stages of asthma and I use an inhaler daily. Very low energy probably chronic fatigue. Aches and new random pain throughout body with headaches. My body is producing too much histamine now so that causes stomach problems . Nausea pretty much daily . As the months went by without knowing we had mold I continue to get worse . I feel like I have the flu all the time . I have sore throat most all the time also . I have flare ups or episodes where I have to stop and My brain is on fire and feel very bad and then it passes after 5-10 mins. 15 Drs could not figure me out . I had so many tests and lab work done and they told me to go to Mayo Clinic . After we found the mold we moved in 3 days . I contacted the Drs I had seen and most of them would not see me because they said they could not help me . I found a very good doctor in Dallas who specializes in Mold cases and he has helped me some . Toxic mold poisoning is real and it can cause: your organs to shut down, cancer, finished cognitive ability ( brain fog ), and it ravaged my immune system . Now any health issue is 10 times worse . Any allergy I had before is much worse . I take about 17 different kind of meds everyday. I definitely have brain fog, and people will think you are crazy but ignore them . I also met a great Dermologist who herself had mold poisoning and it took her 2 yrs to get back to work and she really has helped me get on the right path. There is no cure . It can kill. My doctor in Dallas did a Urine test and blood test and they found mycotoxins in my blood and urine . Which is bad so now I have to try to get my body to eliminate these out of my body. I will post more at a later time . Please take mold very serious, it can kill but at the least make a persons life miserable .
Create an account to connect with other patients and caregivers like you.Ask questions, get answers, and give and get support.Also follow blogs from Mayo Clinic experts.
Already have an account? Sign In