Share this:

jokoco
@jokoco

Minieres

Posted by @jokoco, Jul 10, 2011

Three years ago in July of 2008, I was hit with severe, sudden onset vertigo, nausea and vomiting. I had about 4 attacks in the following 3 months each of lesser severity. I was treated for symptoms and have lost hearing in my left ear. I limit my sodium intake. However I have a constant noise in that ear like the sound one hears when a large shell is places at the ear, likened to the sound of the ocean roar. Has anyone experiences this disease? Are there any further treatments or even cures? What are is your history with this disease long term?

jokoco
@jokoco

Posted by @jokoco, Dec 20, 2011

I am reluctant to converse that way. Can you please just add to the discussion here.

STYERS
@styers

Posted by @styers, Dec 20, 2011

Please e-mail me at brenda.styers@yahoo.com – I got help

STYERS
@styers

I have once and the message was blocked

STYERS
@styers

Try creating a new e-mail address to send it from if you want. I am only trying to helps others. I was bed fast and now am Meniere’s free.

STYERS
@styers

I will try posting my story as a reply to you. If you do not receive it, then it has been blocked and the only way I can get the info to you is if you e-mail me.

STYERS
@styers

I would like to share my story about amalgam fillings with you.

I started losing my hearing about 6 years ago and starting getting vertigo about 4 or 5 years. Starting in mid July of 2011, I was unable to move my head 2 inches without throwing up constantly and could not function without Dramamine 2, both day and night. Before I learned how to control the vertigo with Dramamine 2, I could not do anything. I just laid in bed and could not move. Even to get up to go to the restroom meant throwing up at least 10 times one way both to and from the restroom. I was diagnosed with Meniere’s. Someone told me about Meniere’s being associated with amalgam fillings, which have mercury in them. I started to research this and found out that a lot of my health issues were symptoms of mercury poisoning. (I will list these symptoms below.) I went to a Doctor of Natural Health, one with a degree in the field, and found out my mercury levels were extremely high.

I made an appointment with a holistic dentist, to avoid any additional mercury exposure. I had my right side amalgam fillings removed first, since it was effecting my right ear. I was so afraid to stop taking the Dramamine 2 for fear of not being able to function again. So I stopped all Dramamine 2 in the day time and did a couple of nights of a half a dose and one night of a fourth of a dose. In less than one week, I had totally stopped taking the Dramamine 2 and have not had vertigo since!! I have never been so grateful. (I am in the process of detoxing for the mercury, which you most do to remove the mercury that is in your system.)

I had my amalgam fillings approximately 25 years before my meniere’s hit me. Here are the other health issues I had, but did not relate them to my fillings until after I started researching mercury:

Irritability
Restlessness
Angered easily
Indecision
Inability to concentrate
Insomnia
Numbness in limbs for no reason
Muscle weakness
My hands had just started to tremor on occasion
Coordination got worse
Bleeding gums
Loosening of teeth
Excessive salivation (especially noticeable at night)
Foul breath
Sometimes a metallic taste in mouth, but not always
Vertigo – terrible case of
Ringing in ears, along with other noises
Lost most hearing of hearing in right ear
Candida
Chronic constipation, then sometimes diarrhea
Abnormal heart rhythm and EKG
Repeated chronic sinus infections
Tumor in jaw close to one of my large fillings – believe to be cancerous (now rid of)
Joint pain, that I thought was fibromyalgia
Chronic sinus infections and terrible allergies (although I grew up on a farm and did not have allergy problems)
Severe dermatitis on right hand developed shortly after receiving my fillings. (I am curious to see if this goes away after I detox.)
Subnormal body temperature
Excessive perspiration
Unexplained pain
Chronic fatigue

There are many other symptoms.

Please let me know if you did receive this. This is not the only cause of Meniere’s but it is for sure one of them. I have not had vertigo since my fillings were removed and I had vertigo every day and night. I could not miss one dose of Dramamine 2 and had to take over the amount listed just to function.

jokoco
@jokoco

Posted by @jokoco, Dec 21, 2011

I am so happy that you found a treatment that helped you. Unfortunately, I have no amalgam fillings. Perhaps your story will be helpful to others. I wish you continued good health

STYERS
@styers

Posted by @styers, Dec 22, 2011

I was hoping it would be the answer to yours as well. Please pass the word on the amalgam fillings, so everyone knows to avoid them. Mercury is not good for anyone and causes over 50 health problems. I wish your the best in founding out what causes yours. It is a horrid thing to have.

debraj
@debraj

Posted by @debraj, Jun 16, 2012

I had vertigo for four years after being rear ended in a car accident. Tried traditional chiropractic and accupuncture and would only get temporary relief. Was looked at by several ENT’s who quickly threw out Meniere’s Disease as a diagnosis. Then, the answer came. I was introduced to an upper cervical chiropractor and learned that the axis and atlas bones needed to be adjusted (which are not addressed with traditional chiropracters) In short, my head wasn’t on straight! To my amazement, within days relief came and I have been vertigo free ever since. I want to shout it to the mountaintops!!! There are a host of other issues that this treatment can fix. It’s safe and wonderful! Much success to you my friend!!!

Lminogue
@lminogue

Posted by @lminogue, Jan 2, 2012

Hi – I have been having same problems for three years. I did find help for the tinnitus – Accupuncture – it took away 98% of my noise. When I lie down to sleep the noise is gone completely. When I get up in the morning it comes back but so light I hardly notice it. I hope you can try this.

jokoco
@jokoco

Posted by @jokoco, Jan 3, 2012

Accupuncture is hard to find in my home town. But I am seeing someone in my daughter’s town and would like to know if your practitioner would be willing to communicate with mine.

Lminogue
@lminogue

Posted by @lminogue, Jan 3, 2012

Hi, Here is my practioner’s information so yours can contact him.
Dr. Sung Yi, L.Ac., OMD, 718-229-4868 or his cell which he prefers
to be called on is 917-699-0062. The tinnitus results were truly wonderful for me. Good luck and God bless.

debraj
@debraj

Posted by @debraj, Jun 16, 2012

I had vertigo for four years after being rear ended in a car accident. Tried traditional chiropractic and accupuncture and would only get temporary relief. Was looked at by several ENT’s who quickly threw out Meniere’s Disease as a diagnosis. Then, the answer came. I was introduced to an upper cervical chiropractor and learned that the axis and atlas bones needed to be adjusted (which are not addressed with traditional chiropracters) In short, my head wasn’t on straight! To my amazement, within days relief came and I have been vertigo free ever since. I want to shout it to the mountaintops!!! There are a host of other issues that this treatment can fix, It’s safe and wonderful! Much success to you my friend!!!

Please login or register to post a reply.