Share this:

Posted by @sharonc1 in Brain & Nervous System, Aug 1, 2011

I am searching for a doctor who can actually help me. I have had severe migraines since the age of twelve. They get worse as I get older instead of better. An average migraine last me five or six days and has lasted as long as fourteen days. I have no warnings with my headaches and start vomitting as soon as the pain hits me. Normally they will start on right side or the left side and last for around five days then it will ease up a little before it transfers to the other side and last another five days or longer. I have been prescribed every drug out there and they may or may not work for a little while and then it seems my body gets used to them and they quit working. I have tried holistic treatment and hypnosis as well as tens unit treatment. Nothing helps. I have had brain surgery twice for a cyist at the center of the brain called cavum symptom verge. As a result of the brain surgery inwhich they inserted a ventrical shunt I developed Rehumatiod Arthritis and then last year I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and last month sojerns syndrome. I need someone who can make me better. I sleep on and off all day long as a result of my meds and I'm always tired to the point of exhaustion and depressed. To top it all off I have gained almost fifty pounds in the last ten years. I am at the end of my rope and need to find a really good doctor......Thank you, SC

Tags: migraines

Posted by @jools, May 5, 2012

I get really bad migraines too - cant take the meds either - the only thing I find that helps is magnesium and some of the anti-histamines to help with the inflamamtion, but check with your doc because you have to take them at different times so you can absorb them, and some of them work differently

Please login or become a member to post a comment.