I had MRI yesterday and diagnosed with meningoma behind my left ear. Waiting for my appointment with neourosugen. I am facing the scariest weekend in my life
Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Brain Tumor Support Group.
If it was me, I would get a 2nd opinion. I decided to go with the SRS therapy to shrink my brain tumor. My tumor is pressing on my trigeminal nerve. Ask you neurosurgeon to refer you to a oncologist and get his advice. That is what I did.
Jump to this post
Surgery is very risky, and you don’t want that if there are no other options. So I you should wait and see what the next MRI shows. I got to thinking about my last comment to you, and I would do is trust your doctor. I will be praying for you.
Thank you , that what I will do If the next MRI shows any change. I will go to Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville sine I live in Florida. Do you recommend any doctor there.
Hi @nahi, If coming to Mayo Clinic is an option you are considering for a second opinion, here a link to the contact numbers to request an appointment http://mayocl.in/1mtmR63 When you call at any of our 3 campuses, you will be offered an appointment within 48 hours. Be sure to mention the Brain Tumor 48-access program.
@mrser52 mentioned that s/he decided to go with stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), which is a non-surgical radiation therapy used to treat functional abnormalities and small tumors of the brain. SRS is the general term. You may also hear it referred to as gamma knife or cyberknife. I think you might both be interested in this discussion on Connect:
– Meningiomas. Gamma knife or Cyber Knife. Which is more effective ? https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/meningeomas-gamma-knife-or-cyber-knife-which-is-more-effective/
You might also appreciate our Video Q&A with Dr. Bernard Bendok, neurosurgeon, and Dr. Sujay Vora, radiation oncologist, at Mayo Clinic https://connect.mayoclinic.org/webinar/mayoclinicneurochat-on-brain-tumors/
All the best with your treatment tomorrow, mrser52.
I am scared the doctor said there is ./.5 risk in radiation to damage hearing nerve so we don’t need to take the risk if it shows no growing. Especially if we can mange the dizznes and headache .
I’d definitely get second opinion. No good reason not to. Peace of mind. One step at a time. Knowledge is good.
I will get a second opinion from Mayo Clinic.but after holidays I want to have happy time with my family, Happy Holidy for everybody
Good plan Nahi. I think you might appreciate this blog post:
– I Don’t Want to Talk About my Cancer During the Holidays https://connect.mayoclinic.org/newsfeed-post/i-dont-want-to-talk-about-my-cancer-during-the-holidays/
Enjoy your family!
Connect with thousands of patients and caregivers for support and answers.
Already have an account? Sign In