This week, let's talk about a specialty clinic that offers support and consultation focused on specific concerns that many female cancer survivors may be experiencing.
At times, it can be difficult to find specialists trained to work specifically with side effects such as hot flashes, low libido and other sexual concerns.
Today, I'd like to introduce you to the Women's Health Clinic and the unique services they provide. We'll continue the discussion in the weeks to come with focused topics in this area bringing Mayo Clinic's specialists knowledge to you.
The multidisciplinary Women's Health Clinic team includes specialists from internal medicine, endocrinology, gynecology, psychology, dermatology and physical therapy, partnering to provide collaborative, innovative, evidence-based care for women.
The Women's Health Clinic offers consultation for questions or concerns about the following:
- Menopause — hot flashes, night sweats, mood changes, headaches, non-restful sleep, vaginal dryness or changes in sexual function; questions about hormone therapy, bioidentical hormones and non-hormonal treatment options
- Sexual health — low libido, problems with arousal or orgasm, painful intercourse, or other issues with sexual intimacy
- Cancer survivorship — natural or treatment-related menopause, hot flashes, night sweats, questions about hormone therapy or non-hormonal treatment options, vaginal dryness, painful intercourse, other sexual health concerns and body image concerns
A provider with expertise in women's health can meet with you to review your concerns and develop a plan for evaluation and treatment that may include:
- Diagnostic or laboratory testing
- Consultation with a gynecologist, dermatologist, psychologist, sex therapist or pelvic floor physical therapist, depending on specific concerns
- Personalized, integrated recommendations for treatment
- Education about your condition and ways to promote your health and well-being
The Women's Health Clinic care team is committed to listening to your concerns, understanding your unique needs and working with you to develop an individualized treatment plan.
To schedule an appointment in the Women's Health Clinic, contact our appointment staff in Minnesota at 507-266-9234 or Arizona at 480-614-6001.
For more on the Women's Health Clinic, see the video link below