Knee Replacement

Posted by Paul Lueders @paullueders, Feb 16, 2012

2nd knee replacement is next week. 1st one was 11 weeks ago, and it still gets kinda stiff when I'm on my feet for a couple hours. Keeps getting better every week though. Sure has been a long winter, but I'm glad I'm having the knees done.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Joint Replacements Support Group.

That's great to hear of your successful surgery. Especially since I am recovering from a total hip 5 weeks ago and am scheduled for a double total knees the end of July. I would be interested to hear more of how you got along post op and best of luck on your next knee surgery!

@andie000

That's great to hear of your successful surgery. Especially since I am recovering from a total hip 5 weeks ago and am scheduled for a double total knees the end of July. I would be interested to hear more of how you got along post op and best of luck on your next knee surgery!

Jump to this post

I would strongly advise against having both knees done at the same time! I had my 2nd knee done 12 weeks after the first. Can't IMAGINE doing both at the same time. First few weeks there's lots of pain. Don't double the pain! I'm glad I had both knees done, but you need to get some strength in the first knee before you do the 2nd.

Will you share with me what kind of knee you had implanted? There are several kinds (brands). Thanks!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.