Kidney Trouble Questions

Posted by kendracpa @kendracpa, Sep 8, 2019

I have never had a formal biopsy with detailed test result to determine what type of kidney condition I have and what level, etc, but I did have a CT scan of the area with contrast completed nearly 20 years ago and the radiologist noted heterogenous areas of the kidney that renal infarcts could not be ruled out. There was also a small cyst on the lower lobe of the right kidney. Does anyone have any ideas on what test(s) to have done now? Should the test(s) be conducted by a medical team that has been scanned for artificial intelligence around the head area and those items removed as needed? Do they recommend that the patient also be scanned in the head region and anything foreign be removed as needed also? Any suggestions on places to go for this?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Kidney & Bladder Support Group.

Hi @kendracpa, we cannot provide a diagnosis here on Connect. I recommend consulting your doctor and possibly getting a referral to a nephrologist and/or internist. You mention tests that you had done years ago. Are you having symptoms now that lead you to believe that you have a problem with your kidney?


@kendracpa Tests done 20 years ago were accomplished with methods and machines that may or may not be up to current accepted standards. A lot has changed in medicine! Are you having issues that might be contributed to your kidneys? What has your doctor advised? He/she would be the first person to ask your concerns to. If you are comfortable sharing, can you tell us a bit more? We are not doctors here, nor can we diagnose, but you might hear from people who share the same experiences with you.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.