Share this:
tarchibald

I was diagnosed with rectal cancer in 2008. Treated with chemo/radiation then [...]

Posted by @tarchibald in Cancer, Jan 2, 2015

I was diagnosed with rectal cancer in 2008. Treated with chemo/radiation then surgery. Followed with surgery in 2010 & 2011 to treat multiple complications including hernia repairs, tram flap, fistulas, TFL flaps among other complications. I have been diagnosed with an abscess in radiated tissue in the presacral area. After several opinions to treat this abscess I have been told by interventional radiologists and surgeons that the area is too difficult to access to treat abscess. I have fevers, pelvic pain, rectal bleeding (I have a permanent colostomy) that is being treated with antibiotics. I'm wondering if anyone else out there have had similar problems and how it is being treated.

Tags: colon-cancer

iggeez1416

Posted by @iggeez1416, Jan 9, 2015

Josh, good for you for finding your inner peace and hope. My mother and I bothe had cancer. My mother was in stage four ovarian cancer and they gave her six months and told her to get her agpffairs in order. That was 30 years ago. She is now 82 and still going strong. I am now 20 years since my diagnosis. Be well and keep up.

Please login or become a member to post a comment.