Share this:


Posts: 1
Joined: Mar 07, 2012

I am extremely frustrated because I cannot get the medical help I

Posted by @shortyscabin, Mar 7, 2012

I am extremely frustrated because I cannot get the medical help I need for my husband. He suffers from a rare disease called Fahr’s syndrome with hypocalcemic problems and occasional reduced potassium levels. He is running around 6.2 to 6.4 on calcium levels. He also has very mild cerebral palsy. He has had a history of grand mal seizures but currently is not having any or on any medication for it. I have looked for clinical trials, medical experts for his condition, or possible treatments. Locally, I live in a very small town and none of the doctors here know how to treat his condition or what calcium supplement amount to prescribe for him. Also, he has a psychiatric condition called Intermittent Explosive Disorder. I need to know what medication would be safe for him to take for the psychiatric disorder with his physical condition. I am not able to travel long distances financially. In my state, there are no neuropsychiatrists listed that could offer assistance and all the out-of-state ones want to see him first which is impossible. I just need to know which psychiatric medicine would work with his Fahr’s disorder, cerebral palsy, and seizure history and not make it worse. He is planning on going to college in the summer, and he will not be able to finish or be allowed on campus if he has an explosive outburst. Also, he has a history of ADHD. So, I need to know what medicine or combination of medicines he needs and can’t get any answers. I have researched online and placed many calls to no avail. If you can help me, please email me at


Please login or register to post a reply.