Share this:

How do I find a doctor to see me at the Mayo Clinic?

Posted by @kidnurse1963 in Brain & Nervous System, Aug 24, 2011

I am not sure of how the process works to find a physician at The Mayo Clinic? I need a surgeon to treat me for "Failed back surgery", severe SI Joint pain, Neuropathy, and leg weakness. I don't know any of the physicians so I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
Thank you.

Tags: sports medicine


Posted by @mayoclinic100, Aug 24, 2011

For failed back surgery, and looking back at my two low-back surgeries (last one a 95% success two bars and 4 screws between L4-L5), I suggest you start by choosing a well known neurosurgeon. The neurosurgeon and the orthopedist surgeon then work together as a team to get you back on your own two feet and you with them + therapy get yourself functional. During surgery, the neurosurgeon takes care of handling your nerves the ortho takes care of repairing your spinal-bone structure, then, the neuro puts back your nerves to close you back. This is what I understand they did to me.

nattaya likes this

Posted by @joycegroenke, Aug 24, 2011

Please go to There is information on these pages about contacting Mayo Clinic.

nattaya likes this

Posted by @elizabethrice, Sep 8, 2011

You can also just click on the "Request an Appointment" button at the top of this page to fill out an online request.

Please login or become a member to post a comment.